The reason that Japan is so tectonically active is because, the entire island sits on about four to five different plates. When the plates shift it might start an earthquake or even bring a piece of land mass from the ocean floor. An earthquake could kills hurdreds if not thousands of people at a time depending on the damage that it does. If a new piece of land mass is brought to the surface it could be a new island.
- Why do you think the U.S. maintains a large military presence in South Korea?
- Why is Japan so tectonically active?
- What are some of the important resources of Japan and Korea? Why are they so valuable?
- Describe the climate of Japan and Korea?
- Why do you think China’s communist government has allowed more economic reform and freedom but continues to limit political rights and freedom?
- How has the use of coal affected China’s environment?
- Why might Russia’s unstable political system delay economic progress?
- Similarities and differences between Portugal and Spain?
Browse popular tags